Monday 17 December 2012

World of Persistent Identifiers

We have been working on providing DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) for some journals we are managing in OJS (Open Journal Systems). When I was trying to understand the relationship between the handles used by DSpace and different types of DOIs I wanted to visualise this. I also needed to cover options for persistency when managing data and archives. I ended up creating a diagram to help me picture the 'world of persistent identifiers'.

This diagram is a snapshot of what I was focusing on at the time of this investigation. If you want to remix this for your own purposes contact us and we can provide the original diagram (created in Microsoft Visio).

View the Updated version if this Diagram http://otagoliblab.blogspot.co.nz/2014/11/world-of-persistent-identifiers-updated.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment