Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Box of PHP bits n pieces

Being a self-taught (and still a relative newbie) to PHP, it can become a bit daunting to use all the correct bits and bobs that go into creating something functional. One of my issues is trying to remember what the operators and things mean. For example, I couldn't recall what '++' meant (it means increment by one - which I have re-remembered when work colleague reminded me :)). Try Googling '++' :) Now, if I had Googled 'PHP increment' I would have gotten somewhere, but alas, I didn't know the right question to get the right answer!!

However, I have a solution to my dilemma, and I've been working with it successfully for a couple of years now. It's a piece of paper. With stuff on it. Like comparitive and logical operators, ternary operators etc.

Here it is:


It's actually written on the back of a useful PHP cheatsheet that I found on the 'net (and printed out!)

Not hi-tech. But it works. And doesn't need charging up. Or software upgrades to run it :)

Merrin

No comments:

Post a Comment